Integrated vs. Interfaced EMR/PM Systems
Greenway Prime Suite practice management software and electronic medical records system has been developed from the ground up under a single database. This means that Greenway Prime Suite is an integrated system. It works seamlessly between the practice and clinical sides. There are many interfaced practice management and EMR software systems. Interfaced billing and charting systems have been built upon separate frameworks or databases, and have usually been “interfaced” by the EMR vendor.
Greenway built the award-winning Prime Suite EMR system from the ground up on the Microsoft .NET technology. Because Greenway’s Prime Suite EMR Software is built on the Microsoft .NET architecture, it is highly scalable and flexible – built for the future and adaptable emerging technologies in the Healthcare Information Technology industry.
Why is an integrated PM/EHR better than interfaced?
- What happens to when your “interfaced” practice management system or EMR goes through an upgrade or one of the systems is retired?
- Who upgrades the interface after the upgrade and at what cost?
- Will your total investment be lost when one of the applications is retired?
- Which vendor troubleshoots interface problems? What additional costs are incurred when Vendor A needs to contact Vendor B to resolve issues related to data interchange?
- These are just a few of the issues that cause integrated systems to be in the forefront of Health IT software development. Interfaced systems are expensive to maintain and cumbersome to learn and support.
Read Our Electronic Medical Records Implementation Guide – More information on the difference between interfaced and integrated, and how to determine if an ASP (web-hosted) EMR or client/server model is more appropriate for your practice.
Integrated EMR and EPM Eliminates Data Communication Breakdowns
The truly integrated, single-database architecture of Greenway Prime Suite’s EMR and Practice Management software eliminates the potential for communication and data interchange failure common in interfaced EMR systems. Improved productivity, profitability, and patient care is realized with patient tracking through check-in, triage, examination, and billing.
Easier to Learn and Support.
The same look and feel throughout the system – from the front and back office to the providers – speeds the learning process for all users. Because Prime Suite is integrated, it is supported and trained through the same team, resulting in cost savings for your practice.