10 Steps To Buying EHR Software
We are currently updating our 10 Steps To Buying EHR Software guide for 2013. We are expecting the revision to be completed soon.
Are you asking prospective EHR companies the right questions when obtaining EHR software demonstrations? Our 10 Steps To Buying EHR Software outlines the things that ambulatory physician groups should consider when evaluating EHR systems and vendors. What happens if you choose the wrong EHR vendor? What happens if your EHR vendor doesn’t survive or gets acquired?
Choosing an Ambulatory EHR – 10 Steps For Physician Groups
- Have we eliminated EHRs that are not 2011 CCHIT Certified?
- Have we eliminated EHRs that are not ONC-ATCB Certified?
- Have we eliminated vendors who do not participate in KLAS?
- Have we eliminated PM/EHR systems that do not operate on a shared database?
- Have we established a budget?
- Does the EHR have content and workflow features for my specialty?
- Is the product an appropriate choice for the size of my practice?
- Have we looked at our in house I.T. resources?
- What is the vendor’s track record of the quality and timeliness of support?
- Why should we avoid “cookie cutter” EHR plans and vendors?