Medical IT and Hardware Support – MDS can be your “single source” vendor
Most EMR companies do not offer comprehensive, reliable medical IT support for customers. The trouble with this “hands off” approach to IT support is that many issues cannot be resolved without attention to both the application side (your software) and the IT side (connectivity, hardware, networks).
In fact, many negative reviews of EMR systems involve hardware errors, connectivity issues, integration breakdows, tablet/device problems, and slow performance. If you call your EMR vendor’s software support line, often the person taking your call will not be able to troubleshoot I.T. issues. Even your 3rd party local I.T. group may struggle with diagnosing and resolving I.T. issues if they aren’t familiar with your electronic medical records software.
In order to maximize the efficiency of our customer’s systems, MDS offers a comprehensive I.T. department that can troubleshoot and resolve all issues remotely. Whether you are located in Maine or California, MDS support technicians can work through any problem from our Arizona offices. By using MDS Medical for your medical I.T. support needs, you have one number to call for every issue – improving the productivity of your staff by speeding the resolution of your issues.
Medical IT Support Services
- Network installation and configuration. Let us help your practice save valuable time and money by having our expert I.T. team install your network. Our team will assist in recommendations and best practices for workstations, servers, printers, wireless networking, scanners, and other equipment and ensure hardware and software compatibility with your practice management and EMR system.
- Hardware. From printers, workstations, servers, tablet PCs, PDAs, monitors, and all associated hardware – MDS can help.
- Security. Ensuring the integrity and security of patient data is absolutely critical. Our team helps ensure the security of your system, from both internal and external intruders. Our state-of-the-art data center is among the best and most secure data centers in the country.
- Software interfaces. MDS has been developing custom software for medical practices for 20 years. We can develop and install clinical interfaces, lab interfaces, and help you resolve any application interoperability issues that your practice faces.
- Backup procedures. For practices hosting software in a client/server environment, adhering to a thoughtfully planned out backup and disaster recovery plan is essential. If you elect to use a third party I.T. firm, they must be aware of HIPAA regulations regarding the security protocols for PHI (personal health information), and ideally should specialize only in the healthcare sector. We have found that some general third party I.T. outsourcing firms that do not solely specialize in healthcare may not be as diligent in developing or maintaining the type of rigorous backup processes required. Using a third party I.T. firm without substantial experience in healthcare can put your practice at substantial risk due to the constantly changing regulatory, security, and privacy laws.
Request more information
Let us know how we can help!