Medical Practice IT and Network Support: One Call
The trouble with this hands off approach to IT support and security is that many issues cannot be successfully resolved without attention to both the application side (your software) and the IT side (connectivity, hardware, integrations, networks).
In fact, many negative reviews of EHR software systems implicate IT issues. Hardware errors, connectivity problems, integration breakdowns, tablet/device problems, and slow performance can negatively impact an entire enterprise. If you call your EHR vendor’s software support line, chances are that the person taking your call will be unable to troubleshoot even basic IT issues. Even your 3rd party local IT group may struggle with diagnosing and resolving IT issues if they aren’t familiar with your electronic medical records software.
Complete resolution after hours of customer support. Thanks for never giving up! – All Women’s Regional Medical Center, P.C.
In order to maximize the efficiency of our customer’s systems, MDS offers a comprehensive IT department that can troubleshoot and resolve many issues remotely. Whether you are located in New York or California, MDS support technicians can work through routine problems from our Arizona offices. Our technicians may travel to your office for new system installations and emergencies.
By using MDS Medical for your medical IT support needs, you have one number to call for every issue – improving the productivity of your staff by speeding the resolution of your issues.
We just recently added MDS IT to our service. It was GREAT to be able to call and have the Prime Suite support team realize it was an IT issue, and have them jump in on the same call and fix the problem very quickly!
Through the mdsIT department, we host and support a wide variety of configurations of Greenway Prime Suite installations. By hosting your Prime Suite application with MDS, you enjoy 24/7 emergency support and improved performance over other Greenway hosting solutions.
Additionally, our mdsHOSTING customers benefit from mdsCONNECT which enables you to securely connect to your full Greenway Prime Suite application using any device or machine – including Apple (Macs, iPads, etc.). This means that you don’t need to download a separate app that only enables partial functionality. Using mdsCONNECT, you can enjoy full access to Prime Suite from anywhere at anytime using any operating system or device.
Medical IT Support Services
- Network installation and configuration. Let us help your practice save valuable time and money by having our expert IT team install your network. Our team will assist in recommendations and best practices for workstations, servers, printers, wireless networking, scanners, and other equipment and ensure hardware and software compatibility with your practice management and EMR system.
- Hardware. MDS can help with selection and deployment of all hardware and peripherals – including printers, workstations, scanners, servers, tablet PCs, PDAs, front-desk cameras, and monitors.
- Security. Ensuring the integrity and security of patient data is absolutely critical. Our team helps ensure the security of your system, from both internal and external intruders. Our state-of-the-art data center is among the best and most secure data centers in the country.
We just recovered from a ransomware virus on one of the doctor’s computers. It is the first time we have had to use our backup tape. Kevin and Louis were extremely helpful and patient! At times like these, is when you realize what great support MDS provides. It would have been very painful if we did not have your support.
- Software interfaces. MDS has been developing custom software for medical organizations for 20 years. We can develop and install clinical interfaces, lab interfaces, and help you resolve any application interoperability issues that your practice faces.
- Backup procedures. For practices hosting software in a client/server environment, adhering to a thoughtfully planned out backup and disaster recovery plan is essential. If you elect to use a third party IT firm, they must be aware of HIPAA regulations regarding the security protocols for PHI (personal health information), and ideally should specialize only in the healthcare sector. We have found that some general third party IT outsourcing firms that do not solely specialize in healthcare may not be as diligent in developing or maintaining the type of rigorous backup processes required. Using a third party IT firm without substantial experience in healthcare can put your practice at substantial risk due to the constantly changing regulatory, security, and privacy laws.
I think your IT support is outstanding. Never once have they ever gotten cranky, I don’t know how they do that — always stay calm and dog the problem until the solution is found. Wonderful, thank you so much. – Treasure Coast ENT
Request more information
To learn more about MDS Medical’s IT Support services, please call 1-800-494-3188 or complete the form below and we’ll get back to you quickly!