Antivirus, Automatic Patches, and Workstation and Server Monitoring
mdsGUARD is a comprehensive Healthcare IT Cloud Security package for outpatient healthcare organizations. mdsGUARD works in conjunction with mdsIT services for IT support and deployment. MDS deploys as many services as possible through the cloud (internet) in order to reduce the strain and maintenance required on your local IT infrastructure. mdsGUARD helps keep your data safe from external breaches of PHI and builds a strong foundation for your HIPAA compliance and security risk management strategy.
Our comprehensive cloud solution protects your network with cloud-based antivirus software, patch management, real-time workstation performance monitoring, and web protection, and server monitoring. This is all done remotely, over the internet, without the need for any of your staff to interface with an MDS technician. You can purchase any mdsGUARD services a-la-carte (even just a single workstation!) or all mdsGUARD services to deploy to your entire enterprise.
The mdsGUARD Protection and Security Package
MDS Antivirus gives you real-time protection against viruses, spyware and other malware without hogging system resources or slowing down PCs – even during scans and updates. When threats are uncovered, MDS can eliminate them immediately through the cloud. We can remove your old antivirus remotely, as well.
- Fast, hosted antivirus requires no hardware – Our antivirus system is delivered through the cloud. You don’t need to worry about investing in new hardware.
- Real-time threat detection – mdsANTIVIRUS defends against malware threats and automatically scans flash drives and other removable drives before they infect your system.
- Required for HIPAA compliance – mdsANTIVIRUS can help to ensure your organization is in compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule Standard 164.308(a)(5)(ii)(B): Protection from malicious software. This standard requires procedures for guarding against, detecting, and reporting malicious software on all devices.
MDS Monitoring gives MDS technicians complete visibility into the performance of your on-premise servers. Using mdsMONITORING, our staff can remotely monitor and manage your servers, and address system issues before they become failures. We look for slow systems, high disk usage, Windows issues, and processor problems during the course of our monitoring. Problems are addressed early, reducing downtime.
- mdsMONITORING keeps your users working at optimum efficiency!
- We automatically scan for critical events, analyze disk errors, check available disk space, monitor for Windows services disruptions, and monitor unexpected changes in disk space – early detection of problems avoids unnecessary downtime
- Event log – We monitor all your events automatically
Save your IT department time and money with mdsPATCHMANAGEMENT. This service helps us detect, download, and deploy patches required for your system – including patches for Microsoft Windows and other 3rd party software. We can automatically detect of date Microsoft operating systems and applications including Exchange, SQL and Office. Our automated scans and regular updates reduce the risk of attack from cyber criminals and productivity losses from system performance issues.
- Managed Patches – Stop automatic updates that cause system disruptions and downtime. Managed updates allow for more precise control over updates as they are installed on your network.
- HIPAA Compliance – mdsPATCHMANAGEMENT ensures your organization is in compliance with the HIPAA Security Rules as they relate to addressing known vulnerabilities and protection from malicious software. Automatic deployment and tracking of system security patches protects your network from intruders and malicious viruses.
mdsWEBPROTECT is critical for healthcare organizations whose workforce accesses the internet by blocking malicious websites (that may look safe!) to keep your workstations, data, and network secure. The system is designed to protect your users’ workstations from websites pushing malware, phishing sites, proxies, spyware and adware, botnets, and SPAM.
- Reduces risk of HIPAA security breach from malicious websites
- Protects your practice from legal liability, damaged reputation, and financial damages associated with a breach of Patient Health Information.
- Protects passwords from being stolen through a phishing attack, which can be devastating for a medical organization.
- You can control users web browsing (time-based browsing rules, and setting up security categories)
How Do I Get Started?
Call 1-800-494-3188 or complete the form below to get started on your fast initial setup, and start protecting your network in minutes!