Managed I.T. For Outpatient Medical Practices
MDS Medical is a full-service I.T. support company for medical offices nationwide. Our customer focus is specific: outpatient healthcare organizations. Healthcare is all we do, and it’s our 100% organizational focus.
Why does it matter that we use an I.T. support company that is healthcare focused?
- Are you experiencing issues where you are unsure if the software or I.T. is causing the problem? Most likely, your practice utilizes electronic health records software. Have you experienced issues where you were not sure if the problem was your EHR or I.T.? Few EHR companies offer comprehensive I.T. services. The trouble with this “hands off” approach to I.T. support and security is that many issues cannot be successfully and permanently resolved without attention to your software as well as your IT components (connectivity, hardware, workstations, servers, printers, scanners, integrations, networks).
- Do your staff or providers complain about your EHR? Poor user satisfaction of EHR software systems often implicate IT issues. Do your users complain about hardware configuration errors, connectivity problems, integration breakdowns, tablet/device problems, and slow performance? These serious issues can negatively impact an entire enterprise. If you are considering replacing your EHR software largely due to any of the aforementioned issues, you should conduct a comprehensive I.T. audit first.
- Does it take calls with multiple vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues? When you call your EHR vendor’s software support line, it is unlikely that the person taking your call will be unable to troubleshoot even basic IT issues. General I.T. vendors may struggle with diagnosing and resolving your practice’s I.T. issues if they aren’t familiar with your specific electronic medical records software system.
- Are you confident that your I.T. vendor has a deep understanding of HIPAA compliance? It is essential that your I.T. vendor deeply understands HIPAA requirements, the business associate relationship, and the serious responsibilities entailed with overseeing devices and equipment that interact with Personal Health Information (PHI).
Complete resolution after hours of customer support. Thanks for never giving up! – All Women’s Regional Medical Center, P.C.
MDS offers a comprehensive I.T. department that can troubleshoot and resolve most issues remotely. Our technicians may travel to your office for new system installations and emergencies.
By using MDS Medical for your medical I.T. support needs, you have one number to call for every issue – improving the productivity of your staff by speeding the resolution of your issues.
We just recently added mdsIT to our services. It was GREAT to be able to call and have the Prime Suite EHR support team realize it was an IT issue, and have them jump in on the same call and fix the problem very quickly!
MDS offers a full array of healthcare I.T. services
- Network installation and configuration. Let us help your practice save valuable time and money by having our I.T. consultants design and install your network. Our team will assist in recommendations and best practices for workstations, servers, printers, wireless networking, scanners, and other equipment and ensure hardware and software compatibility with your practice management and EMR system.
- Hardware. MDS can help with selection and deployment of all hardware and peripherals – including printers, workstations, scanners, servers, tablet PCs, PDAs, front-desk cameras, and monitors.
- Security. Ensuring the integrity and security of patient data is absolutely critical. Our team helps ensure the security of your system, from both internal and external intruders. Our state-of-the-art data center is among the best and most secure data centers in the country.
We just recovered from a ransomware virus on one of the doctor’s computers. It is the first time we have had to use our backup. Kevin and Louis were extremely helpful and patient! At times like these, is when you realize what great support MDS provides. It would have been very painful if we did not have your support.
- Software interfaces. MDS has been developing custom software for medical organizations for 20 years. We can develop and install clinical interfaces, lab interfaces, and help you resolve any application interoperability issues that your practice faces.
- Backup procedures. For practices hosting software in a client/server environment, adhering to a thoughtfully planned out backup and disaster recovery plan is essential. If you elect to outsource your I.T., the firm must be aware of HIPAA regulations regarding the security protocols for PHI (personal health information), and ideally should specialize only in the healthcare sector. We have found that some general-industry I.T. outsourcing firms that do not solely specialize in healthcare may not be as diligent in developing or maintaining the type of rigorous backup processes required in a healthcare environment.
Using an I.T. firm without substantial or exclusive experience in healthcare can put your practice at substantial risk due to the constantly changing regulatory, security, and privacy laws.
I think your IT support is outstanding. Never once have they ever gotten cranky, I don’t know how they do that — always stay calm and dog the problem until the solution is found. Wonderful, thank you so much. – Treasure Coast ENT
Through the mdsIT department, we host and support a wide variety of configurations of Greenway Prime Suite installations. By hosting your Prime Suite application with MDS, you enjoy 24/7 emergency support and improved performance over other Greenway hosting solutions.
Additionally, our mdsHOSTING customers benefit from mdsCONNECT which enables you to securely connect to your full Greenway Prime Suite application using any device or machine – including Apple (Macs, iPads, etc.). This means that you don’t need to download a separate app that only enables partial functionality. Using mdsCONNECT, you can enjoy full access to Prime Suite from anywhere at anytime using any operating system or device.
I.T. Services Information & Pricing
If you have questions or would like to get a quote for I.T. services for your practice, please call 1-800-494-3188 or complete the form below, and an MDS representative will contact you right away!